1. Q: Are persons under the age of 21 allowed in ABC stores?
A: It is the policy of the Greensboro ABC Board to prohibit anyone 17, 18, 19 or 20 years of age from entering our stores. Children under the age of 17 may enter our stores, as long as they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
2. Q: What are acceptable forms of ID?
A: In accordance with the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Laws and Rules of North Carolina, Greensboro ABC will accept:
– A valid U.S. driver’s license
– A valid North Carolina State ID Card (no other States ID cards are acceptable)
– A valid passport
– A valid U.S. Military ID
3. Q: How are Transportation Permits used?
A: In accordance with North Carolina ABC laws, a customer may only purchase up to eight (8) liters of alcohol (distilled spirits) from our stores without a transportation permit. With a transportation permit, the customer may purchase up to forty (40) liters of alcohol and subsequently transport their purchase within the State of North Carolina. A transportation permit is issued free of charge at the store, and is valid until 9:30 p.m. on the date it is issued.
4. Q: What is the mobile phone policy?
A: Like banks and pharmacies we restrict mobile phone use in our stores because it interferes with our communication with customers.
5. Q: What are the acceptable forms of payment?
A: We accept cash, Select checks, Travelers checks, MasterCard, American Express and Visa. Debit Cards associated with MasterCard and Visa are also accepted.
6. Q: What are the normal hours of operation?
A: All ABC stores in Greensboro are open 10 am and close at 9 pm. On Saturdays ABC stores are open from 9 am to 9 pm.
7. Q: Do the local ABC stores operate on Sunday and holidays?
A: ABC stores are under legal obligation to remain closed on Sundays and specific holidays, and no ABC store employee shall sell alcoholic beverages on these days. Holidays include New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
8. Q: May I return or exchange a product?
A: No, the Greensboro ABC Board policy offers no returns, exchanges or refunds once the product has left the store, unless it is tainted or spoiled. In this case, we will accept the nearly full container and provide you with a replacement.
9. Q: Do all ABC stores across the state have the same prices?
A: Distilled spirit prices are calculated by the State of North Carolina. All products sell for the same price throughout the state.
10. Q: Are ABC employees employed by the state?
A: ABC employees are not employees of the State. The stores are self-supporting and no tax money is used to pay employees or other expenses to operate ABC stores.
11. Q: Can I return or exchange an item?
A: No, The City of Greensboro ABC policy states that items cannot be exchanged or refunded once they leave the store.